My 100th Post & My Favourite Drugstore Highlighters - Planet Whispers

Thursday, 20 October 2016

My 100th Post & My Favourite Drugstore Highlighters

Hey Whisperers,

I can't believe this is my 100th post...like what?!?!?!?! I've absolutely loved blogging over the past 8 months and I'm honestly quite shocked that I got to 100 posts. I want to thank everyone for reading and joining my little corner over the past 8 months because it honestly does mean the world to me. I know that it's just 5 minutes out of your day but most of these posts take me hour to write, with taking the photo's, planning the post, writing and re-writing the post. It's a lot more work than I ever thought it was going to be but I'm so glad i stuck to it because it is so worth it! So now that sappy part is over, let's get into the post you've come here to read! Here's to post 100 and the hopefully for the hundreds of posts yet to come!

My Favourite Drugstore Highlighters 


Over the past few months, like pretty much everyone else in the beauty world, i have been in love with highlighting. Whether I'm having a natural makeup day or a full blown glam from head to toe kinda day I am always wearing highlighter. A few months ago now i brought the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish Highlighting Powder in Lightscapade (Post on that here) and let me just tell you I love that highlighter, but if you're anything like me and you can't bring yourself to use the high end products everyday these drugstore highlighters are a perfect alternative because lets be honest some of the best makeup is in the drug stores now-a-days! 



The first drugstore highlighter that I absolutely love is the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Opalescent Amber. Now first of all the price of these highlighters is incredible, for £3 these highlighters are incredible (yes i know i've said that twice but they are seriously incredible!). When i first saw this highlighter I was a tad sceptical because it does look so dark but when applied on the cheek bone it looks beautiful. I tend to use this product more when i am doing a bronzed look because it is still dark on the skin but when blended with blush it gives the perfect subtle glow to the skin!


Next up is what I think/ am assuming is a new product. I picked up this highlighter a few weeks ago in boots and i've fell in love with it.The product i am talking about is the L'Oreal True Match Power Highlighter in Icy Glow.. One thing i love most about this product is the variety you get. The pan is split into 3 shades, an icy blue shade, a pearl shade and a beige shade. I love these shades mixed together (they're a close dupe to the mac highlighter i was talking about earlier) and alone.


The Goddess of Love Triple Baked Highlighter in Golden Goddess is pretty much my most used highlighter. If you've been here awhile you would know that i wrote a post on it a few months ago and i'm not going to lie it has pretty much been my main highlighter since. I use it for eye shadow, my brow bone , my nose  and obviously my cheekbones. I pretty much look like a golden disco ball once i finish applying this but i honestly can't help it. The pigmentation is incredible, the packaging is adorable and the colour is perfect. It's pretty much a heart shaped box of heaven. 




Now i'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this highlighting palette, this is the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette  and yes i'm about to rave about it like pretty much every other beauty blogger but i can't help it, this product is amazing, This palette has 3 powder highlights and one cream highlight and after i brought it the other week in a gift set  for £10 (I couldn't find it online but it is definitely still in stores) i fell completely in love with it. It contains one bronze cream highlighter, a purple/lavender powder highlight, rose gold/bronze highlight and a light yellow/gold toned highlight. Each powder is incredibly pigmented and blends beautifully into the skin. I 100% understand why so many people love this palette now i've tried it.



Repeat Offender Alert! I couldn't not add my other MUA highlighter to this list because it is another favourite of mine. The MUA Undress My Skin Highlighter in Pink Shimmer is pretty much the most beautiful, pale highlighter i've used. It leaves a lovely glow on the skin and alike all the other MUA highlighters it blends perfectly and isn't too powdery.



The last highlighter I love is the highlighter from the Revolution Euphoria Palette in Bronzed Euphoria. I've had this palette for awhile but i never really used it much then the other week i just decided to try it out and i fell in love it. The highlighter in this palette is a perfect Champagne colour and it blends so well. Now it isn't the most pigmented highlighter, but when i swatched this one it felt so creamy and soft that i couldn't help but love it. 

And those where my favourite drugstore highlighters! I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what your favourite drugstore highlighter is down below!


I love you guys!

Thank You For Reading,
Love Soph xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I have an MUA undress your skin in like a champagne tone, it really is beautiful and I use it everyday! I also like to use my Benefit high beam but I prefer powder. Loved reading your post! Great choice of highlighters xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Makeup Revolution one you used in your post we did together, i just haven't had the chance to go and buy it yet :( !

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph xoxo

      Delete