Birchbox Unboxing - August 2017 - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Birchbox Unboxing - August 2017


Hey Whisperers, 

It's Birchbox time again. Over the past few month's I've been pretty disappointed with what I've been getting in my Birchbox's. Writing these posts every month means that i have to go onto the Birchbox website and get the links for each product that has been in the box each month, which in turn means i see what other people have been getting and honestly, my boxes have been pretty crappy compared to other peoples. I am however hoping they get better and if they don't I'm going to start looking into different boxes so if you have any suggestions let me know in the comments down below! Lets get into the post. 


What Is Birchbox?

If you're new to Birchbox, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that you receive each month with 5 products to try out. The products can range from sample size to full size and they also range in price. All products in the box can be found on the Birchbox website where the box is purchased for £12.95 each month. Some months you will receive an email where you can either choose a product or a box/bag design which i love as it lets you make the bag/products a little more of your style! This month's theme was Summer Daze which of course if perfect for the coming summer months. I'm in love with this months box design too it's so pretty.


What I Got This Month



Full Size £2.90 

I love hand sanitiser. I'm obsessed with the bright orange shade of this product, I'm not however obsessed with the scent. I can't put my finger on what the exact scent of this hand sanitiser is but it does have a super strong alcohol scent which is pretty much a given when it comes to hand sanitisers but mixed with the other scent it just smells like cheap kids perfume. 



RRP £25

I was super excited to see this product in my box this month as I've been breaking out pretty badly over the past month. I tried this out the day before i had a wedding to attend and i definitely think that it helped with the redness i had, it was also super moisturising which is great. I do love this product, but do wish it was a little bit bigger as this one is practically half gone and I've only used it once. 


RRP £8

This is one of my favourite products this month, it's super soft and creamy and it blends like a dream. I haven't tried out too many cream shadows so i didn't know what to expect  but I'm in love. The colour is quite dark, so i definitely wouldn't wear it alone but i do think its a great lid colour for a more dark and grungy look. It does have a slight shimmer too it which i also love as i think that it just adds that little bit extra to a smokey eye.


RRP £20

I don't know why but the minute i saw this spray all i could think of was being attacked by a hundred bee's because my hair would smell like sugar. Obviously not going to happen but it's all i could think of. I'm probably never going to use this product as i don't use many texturing sprays in my hair as it already has a lot of volume in it so I'm probably just going to give this to a friend. The smell of this product is also pretty herbal so if i did use it i don't think bee's would attack me (just to let you know)


Full Size RRP £79.98

Before you have a mini heart attack this one brush isn't £79.98 but the set that it comes in is, just wanted to clear that up. This brush is by far my favourite product in this whole box, it is just so pretty and soft. I did receive a Spectrum Brush a few month's ago and i love it so i had high hopes for this one. You did get to pick the colour but like the clutz i am i clicked the wrong button so i just got sent the pink one but it works the same anyway. I'm super happy with this product and it definitely made this months box worth it for me.


Total RRP for this months box

£135.88 

Overall, although this box has a high value I'm not too excited about it. As i said at the start of this post, i am going to be looking into other subscription boxes, if you have any suggestions let me know down below!


If you want to try out Birchbox make sure to use my link to get £5 off your first box making it just £7.95!

 I hope you've enjoyed this months unboxing.

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo


Disclaimer- If you do use my link to purchase your Birchbox i do receive some Birchbox points as a 'reward'



1 comment:

  1. As you know I get glossy box, and the products in the boxes this month are INSANE. I agree, I think the last few months the boxes haven't been as exciting as some, but stick with it and hopefully you will start to like them more!

    Love your photos as always!
    Geo x
    www.georgiasbeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete