New Look Blush Baked Face Powder Review - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 4 July 2017

New Look Blush Baked Face Powder Review



Hey Whisperers, 

Another week, another highlighter. Last week while scrolling through the ASOS sale i came across the New Look Baked Face Powder, i haven't tried any of New Looks makeup range, but I'd heard a few things online so of course, I decided to order it. I've used it a few times now and i thought i would share my thoughts with you, so lets get into the post. 

New Look Blush Baked Face Powder Review


Packaging

Now if you've been a reader of my blog for a while you'll know that I am a huge fan of packaging and I am i love with the packaging of this powder. It's so sleek and black and i love that you can see the product through the plastic lid. One thing i didn't love so much was how hard it was to open, i don't know if it's just my powder that's hard to open or if the whole range is the same but apart from that i love it. The only thing i wish this product had was a mirror but i do love the see through lid so i don't mind too much .


Product and Price

Now the actual product is a pretty decent size it has 9g of product which is quite close to the Mac Mineralise Skin finish powders that have 10g of product in. I don't know what i was really expecting from this product, The product itself is called Pale Blush  however when i tested it out there was no doubt in my mind that this was a highlighting product for me, it's super shimmery and glittery and pretty much the perfect highlighting shade for summer. It is a little more on the warmer peach side but it works perfectly when you've got bronzer on. Now for the price i got this for £3! It was on sale from £7.99 so i knew i had to grab it, because it is on the warmer side I probably won't be using it outside of the summer months but for £3 i couldn't resist. 


Swatches 

As you can see in the finger swatch, the product looks pretty orange/peach when you swatch it but as you blend it out it turns a gorgeous peachy highlight and I'm obsessed with it. I find it quite hard to get an accurate swatch when it comes to highlighters but i tried my best, I've uploaded a picture over on my Instagram with a video swatch which shows the product a little better so if you want to see that swatch click here.  

Overall I'm pretty impressed with this powder, it's beautiful on the skin and it's perfect for summer. I don't think i would have paid the full £7.99 for it as i probably won't use it outside of summer as it is a little darker for my ghost like skin, but while it was in the sale for £3 I definitely think it's worth picking up!

What's your favourite summer highlighter?
Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hello ! just an invitation to join us on "Directory Blogspot" to make your blog in 200 Countries
    Register in comments: blog name; blog address; and country
    All entries will receive awards for your blog
    cordially
    Chris
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Hello ! just an invitation to join for the community. This allows you to promote your website and publish articles
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109662684129677096983

    ReplyDelete