My Netflix Addiction - What I'm Watching Right Now - Planet Whispers

Tuesday, 25 April 2017

My Netflix Addiction - What I'm Watching Right Now


Hey Whisperers,

There is nothing quite like binge watching a series on Netflix, it's just something so comforting and cozy and well it's pretty much been my life over the past few weeks. Whether it's my ridiculous back pain or just a cozy night in I've spent hours upon hours binge watching series on Netflix and so today i thought I'd share some of the ones I've been loving.

What I'm Watching Right Now




13 Reasons Why

If you haven't heard of this series where have you been?! I was pulled into watching this series after I saw it all over twitter and Instagram and I am so glad that i was. 13 Reasons Why is a Netflix Original show adapted from a book about a girl who committed suicide and left behind 13 tapes with 13 reasons why she killed herself. Talking about this show without spoiling it is so hard but it is honestly one of the most amazing, important and most incredible shows i have ever watched. Now before you watch it I do have to say that it does contain some sensitive topics and it has quite a few graphic scenes so if you are triggered by themes such as sexual abuse or self harm please be careful when watching this series, it is an amazing series but it is not worth sacrificing your own mental health and well being to watch.



Pretty Little Liars

If you've been a reader of my blog for awhile you'll know that I'm a huge fan of this series. I've been watching it since the start and I love it. If you haven't heard of the show it is a series about 4 teenage girls who begin receiving anonymous texts after the murder of their best friend Alison. The texts then spiral into a whirlwind of threats, attacks and deaths. The show can be slow at times but it's definitely one of my favourite shows. It returned last week to start the next and final series of the show. 



Grimm

I started watching this show a few years ago but I somehow got distracted and stopped watching it. Last week i got back into watching it and I'm in love all over again. Grimm is a sci-fi show about a Portland PD Detective who finds out that he is a descendant of hunters who are  supposed to keep the city safe from magical creatures. It's an action packed show and it definitely keeps you guessing about whats going to happen next. If anything i suggest watching the pilot episode because it definitely has you on the edge of your seat. 



Girl Boss

Girl Boss is a more recent show that has been added to Netflix. So far i haven't got a strong opinion on it but it does have some funny jokes and the fact that Ru Paul is in it had me sold on watching it. The show is centred around a girl who recently lost her job and searches for a way to find a new job without actually having to go out and getting one. This leads to her starting an EBay store called Nasty Gal Vintage. The show is based on the book Girl Boss which was written by Sophia Amorous about how she created the now insanely popular Nasty Gal. So far I'm liking the show but it is quite slow to get into. 

As you can tell I'm pretty much obsessed with Netflix right now! If you have any recommendations don't forget to leave them in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment