Saturday, 11 February 2017

My Makeup Collection - Primers


Hey Whisperers,

It's that time of week again, the time that we go through some more of my makeup collection. After posting last weeks post (thank you for all the love on that post by the way) I realised that i had completely forgot my primers so I've instead decided to post it this week. I hope you enjoy the post, if you do don't forget to leave a comment and also follow my blog at the bottom of the page!



The first primer in my collection is one i picked up on a whim, this is the Kiss Prime Of Your Life Primer. I purchased this primer from Wilkinson a few months ago because I'd ran out of my regular primer and wanted to give it a try, for £3 it isn't the worst but I've definitely tried better. It doesn't mattify the face as it says and it's definitely more greasy than smoothing. 


Up next is the L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Base. I absolutely love this stuff, for £7.99 it is an amazing primer. I got this in a 3 for 2 deal and i have been buying it ever since. It mattifies and smooths out the face and makes me skin look so silky and smooth i love it. I also love the fact that this primer doesn't break me out as i have found that a few of these other primers do which obviously isn't a good thing. 


As you can tell by the bottle i am a big fan of this stuff, this is the Barry M Flawless Original Primer. Now although i do love this primer i do prefer the green colour correcting one more. This primer makes me skin so soft and smooth, i love it and for £5.99 it's amazing value.


This primer is probably one of my most hated primers in my collection, this is the MUA Pro-Base Moisturising Primer. I purchased this primer because i had seen online that the tea tree in it had helped some people keep their acne at bay while using it, but for me it just made me face break out into 101 spots. It feels greasy and it comes out super watery if you don't shake it for a good 2 minutes before using it for an extra £1.99 I'd rather buy the Barry M one.


This primer has quickly become my all time favourite primer, this is the, The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer. I saw this primer in a You Tube video and of course i had to order it. It is the perfect mix of silicone and lotion and it makes me skin look so blurred and flawless that i honestly can't believe it. Best of all, it's only £3.60, yep i know it's amazing. I ordered mine from Victoria Heath and i have loved it ever since. 


Next is the MUA Skin Define Hydro Primer, ok so i got this primer when i was on holiday purely because my skin was super dry from the weather and i wanted something moisturising, but this is honestly one of the worst primers I've tried. Now don't get me wrong it makes your face ''primed' but it just feels horrible to put on and it leaves your face super sticky. It feels as if you're just putting water all over your face. It doesn't really help with pores or smoothing out the skin but if you have a super dry skin it could be good for you, i just personally can't stand the feel of it. 


This probably isn't what you were expecting to see on this list, this is the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. I saw this in pretty much every YouTube video i watched a few months ago so of course i had to try it out for myself and honestly i quite like it. The balm not only moisturises your face but it also makes it tacky which helps the makeup stick. However, i don't recommend using this daily as the glycerin in it can block your pores and cause breakouts. 


Last but not least is the Revolution Pro Primer Aqua Priming Base. I got this in the Makeup Revolution 12 Days of Christmas Box this year and i love it. I don't know if it does much for my makeup but i love spraying it on my face before i use a gel primer to add some moisture into my skin and honestly to help wake me up. It feels amazing and it's such a great size for the price. I definitely recommend it.

All The Feels

How do the primers feel?

The Prime of Your Life primer is a silicone based primer but once squeezed out the tube it is super lumpy and greasy. 

The Infallible Base is super smooth and it's clearly silicone based as it leaves the skin feeling very soft.

The Flawless Original feels more like a  lotion, however it does leave the skin feeling quite smooth. 

The MUA Pro-Base alike the Prime of Your Life is super lumpy. watery and greasy it doesn't really sink into the skin either instead sits on top like a film.

The Original is super smooth and soft. It feels a lotion but once you start blending it turns into a more silicone feel, it leaves the skin looking super blurred.

The MUA Hydro is a weird clear jelly that feels super watery, once blended out it just feels really sticky.

The Nivea Balm is super watery but once you apply it to the face a small amount goes a long way. It leaves the face smooth but also tacky at the same time.

The Revolution Spray is super fast and easy and makes the skin feel awake and moisturised.



Those were all of my primers, i hope you've enjoyed this post. Next weeks post will be on concealers so don't forget to check in!

What's your favourite primer?
Let me know in the comments down below.

Thanks for Reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great review! I have heard great things about so many of these primers.
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some of them are absolutley amazing.

      Thanks for reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow