Saturday, 14 January 2017

Birchbox Unboxing - January 2017




Hey Whisperers,

It still feels so weird typing 2017, it feels like 2016 only started yesterday but here we are one year later and one Birchbox later too. I loved getting my Birchbox over the past 4 months so instead of cancelling my subscription in December like i initially planned I decided to keep it. So here we are un-boxing the January edition of Birchbox and it's a good one.


What Is Birchbox?

If you're new to Birchbox, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that you receive each month with 5 products to try out. The products can range from sample size to full size and they also range in price. All products in the box can be found on the Birchbox website where the box is purchased for £12.95 each month. 


What I Got This Month 

Lord and Berry Conceal-it Crayon in Ivory
RRP - £12.00   Full Size 

I saw that this concealer was going to be part of this months box on twitter and i was super excited. I received a Lord and Berry lipstick a few boxes ago and i love it. Although i did receive what I'm guessing is the lightest shade it is still a little bit too dark for me so I've passed it on to my sister to use. 

NUXE Multi-Use Dry Oil Shimmer
RRP - £21

When i first saw this i thought it was a nail varnish but then i saw it was a dry oil and i was more curious than excited. I'd never tried a dry oil before this but after swatching it on my arm I've fallen in love with it. It adds the perfect amount of moisture to the skin and it also leaves a beautiful shimmer behind too. 

Merci Handy Hand Cream in New Wave
RRP £4.90  Full Size 

Now I'm not the biggest fan of hand creams, i love the Zoella one but that's pretty much it. But when i tried this i fell in love. This hand cream is so thin and it sinks into the hands so well instead of leaving them greasy, it also has small blue beads in it that melt on your skin, on the back they're described as tiny beads that will soften your hands and melt your heart, i love it! This hand cream also smells incredible and I'll definitely be purchasing one when i finish using it. 

Naobay HydraPlus Cream 
RRP £19.50

I wasn't really that excited by this product as i had already received 2 moisturising products. This body cream is natural and organic and although it does make it 3 moisturising products it is the perfect size for travelling. It doesn't have the best scent but it does feel really hydrating and it absorbs well into the skin too. 

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Acai Grapefruit
RRP £14.80

I was quite excited when i saw this product in my box, anything to help keep my legs smooth, soft and hair free is amazing in my book. This shaving cream feels so soft on the skin. it includes Shea butter and coconut oil alongside other ingredients so i am hoping it will help keep  my legs moisturised too. The smell of this shaving cream is something that i have not yet decided if i like yet, it pretty much smells like Calpol which although isn't bad, it is a strange smell for a bath product. 



Total RRP for this month's Box

£72.20

Overall i am quite happy about this months box, i can't wait to try out the shaving cream and the hand cream. I do however wish that they had added a wider variety of products instead of making the whole box a box of  moisturisers, I have found that this does seem to be a common thing each month where the box is either overloaded with hair or moisturising products which kind of sucks, however i did receive two full size products this month which both make the box worth getting!

If you want to join Birchbox use my link here to get £5 off your first box!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo

  
Disclaimer- This post is not sponsored, all products brought were brought with my own money and all opinions are my own. All Birchbox customers are given a link to invite people so i thought i would share mine! 

10 comments:

  1. I really should sign up to Birchbox, the contents seem so good!
    -Olivia Xxx

    http://oliviaxalesha.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth the money! I highly recommend it

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This box looked so good, looks of nice products! And the packaging is so lush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this months packaging its so fresh and cute

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I keep seeing such great things in Birchbox so it must be a sign that I need to sign up for one! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be aha!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I cancelled my suscriptions few months ago because I was repeatedly disappointed by the content. THis one looks so amazing though and I may give it another go! xx Corinne from Corinne & Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same a few years ago but it seems to be a lot better this time around!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I might actually sign up to this considering how amazing it is seeing what you get! Lovely post!

    Sami x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sami! It's so worth it

      Thanks for Reading,
      Love
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow