Maybelline Baby Lips Winter Spice Collection - Product Review - Planet Whispers

Sunday, 4 December 2016

Maybelline Baby Lips Winter Spice Collection - Product Review

Hey Whisperers,

I'm pretty sure most of you have heard, tried or seen the Maybelline Baby Lips, they're pretty much some of the best drugstore lip balms. Something you might not know about me is that i have a serious addiction to lip products, whether it's lip balm, lip gloss, lipstick or even just lip liners i love them and so of course i love the baby lips collection too. I have tried pretty much all the Baby Lips that have been out in the UK and i love them all so when i saw that they had released a Winter Spice collection i knew that i had to try them out. So the other day while i was shopping i saw these in superdrug and couldn't resist getting them! So like always i thought I'd do a quick review of them for you too! So lets stop my rambling and get into the post!

Packaging


Something I've always loved about Baby Lips is the packaging. It's so simple yet it is so cute at the same time. Like all of the original Baby Lips each lip balm comes in a twist up tube with a clear lid that covers almost all of the tube Something i love about these Baby Lips is the little designs on each one, although small they make the packaging just that extra bit adorable which is always a plus. I also love how bright the packaging is, because if you're like me, i tend to just throw my lip balm in my bag and then i can never find it but with these bright colours that's never a problem. 

What I Got



The first of the three lip balms i got was the Chai Tea Latte balm. Now if any of you follow me on twitter (here) you'd know that i am obsessed with Chai Tea Latte's so this lip balm is perfect for me. This lip balm pretty much smells like a Chai Tea Latte, which if you haven't had is a black tea with cinnamon, cloves and spices all mixed together with milk which creates a perfect sweet and spicy drink.  This balm smells more of cinnamon than any other spice which i love and the colour is amazing too!



You can't really have a winter spice collection without some good ol' Pumpkin Spice. This lip balm is by far my favourite of the three balms, it smells amazing and it has such a beautiful colour too it. The smell of this balm isn't what i was really expecting when i first smelt it, it doesn't have a overwhelming smell of pumpkin but it is there, which to be honest is probably why i like it because you can definitely smell these balms when wearing them so you don't want them to be too strong.


Vanilla Cupcake

Now i don't really know why they added Vanilla Cupcake to their winter spice collection but I'm definitely not complaining. This balm has the most amazing vanilla scent and it is the perfect pink sheen on the lips. For me i would have preferred something a bit more fall inspired like a toffee apple scent for this collection because i think it would have fit more but i do love this balm!


Swatches

Right to Left
Chai Tea Latte
Vanilla Cupcake
Pumpkin Spice

As you can see the lip balms are definitely pigmented. I only swiped these over my skin twice (once going up and once going down) and this was the pigmentation that i received. For £2.99 each i honestly think that the pigmentation and colours are great, especially for a lip balm. 

Overall Thoughts

Overall i think that these lip balms are a great purchase. They smell amazing, have great pigmentation and they feel amazing on the lips.I love the fact that i can get a nice colour on my lips while keeping them moisturised. For £2.99 i highly suggest trying these out! As i said i got mine on 3for2 at Superdrug making all three of them £5.98 each which made them £1.99 each! 

If you've tried out these balms let me know what you thought of them down in the comments below!

Thanks for Reading,
Merry Christmas, 
Love,
Soph
xoxo



16 comments:

  1. Ooh these look nice! I always like having lip balms in purse and I love when they have color! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice, the whole Maybelline Baby Lips collection is amazing!

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. i love the maybelline baby lips ! they are very hydrating for the winter time and really affordable !

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such good quality for such an affordable product!

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love Baby lips.. and these 3 new shades looks really nice. I love deeply pigmented it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good for the price! The pigment is amazing if you just want a quick pop of colour!

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Ive had several Baby lips and I wasnt that pleased at all :/ Packaging is super cute but I feel they lack in hydrating the lips, they just give a bit of shine :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, i love my baby lips they never fail to moisturise my lips! I guess they just aren't for everyone

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I have many Baby Lips, they are very very cute and affordable :) I like some of them a lot, but some I do not enjoy at all.
    But great review :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% get what you mean, i definetely think that some of them are more on the airfreshener size of the scale instead of a cute lipbalm.

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Nice! I was looking for a review on these! Now I need to get these! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! You'll have to let me know if you like them over on Facebook or Twitter

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! Those look super pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are i wasn't expecting them to be this pigmented at all!

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. The shade vanilla cupcake is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty on the lips too, and it smells incredible x

      Thanks for Reading,

      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete