Tuesday, 29 November 2016

YouTube Me Buy It Tag

Hey Whisperers,

I've seen this tag making it's rounds the past few weeks and I've loved watching peoples videos on it, so i thought I'd look through my collection and see if there was anything YouTube made me buy. At first i didn't think there would be much but there was so i though I'd share it with you guys sooo lets get into the post!

YouTube Made Me Buy It




Now this foundation was pretty much everywhere on YouTube a few years ago. From Zoella to Tanya Burr pretty much all the British beauty channels where trying it out so of course i wanted to too. I had such high hopes for this foundation because it did look amazing on everyone, but i hated it. It is so thick and it has such a strange smell. Something else i hated about this foundation was the shades, I brought the lightest shade and as you can see in the picture it's pretty much 10 times too dark for my pale as heck skin. 



This concealer is pretty much a favourite of most British beauty You Tubers. I first saw it on Zoella's channel and then it was pretty much everywhere i looked. If you've been here for awhile you'll know i absolutely love this concealer, it is my favourite one ever and i use it everyday. I've heard that it's a dupe for the Nars concealer but i haven't tried that one out and considering people are saying it's a close dupe i don't really see the point in trying it when this one is so good.



These colour tattoo's have been hyped up so much and yet i didn't get them until a few months ago. They come in a range of colours and they're gorgeous. I had really high expectations for these and with people saying they were just as good as the Mac paint pots i couldn't not get them.



I've wanted the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes for so long so when i heard these palettes were a dupe i couldn't not get one. I fell in love with this palette as soon as i saw it, it is beautiful. I have been using this palette pretty much every day since i reviewed it a few months ago (read that review here) and it's still one of my favourite palettes.



I'm pretty sure every Beauty Guru has used this in one of their videos, so when i saw it in the benefit gift set last year i thought I'd try it out. I was so disappointed. I was expecting these big, voluminous lashes and honestly they looked exactly the same as they did when i used the £2 mascara from primark. I don't know if it is just my lashes or if the product honestly isn't worth the hype but i was so disappointed. 



These highlighters are everywhere. I, like everyone else, fell in love with highlighting so when i saw this on peoples videos i knew i wanted to try it out. I was going to get Soft and Gentle which is the most popular skin finish but they only had this in stock. I'm glad i got Lightscapade because it is honestly beautiful, it works so well with my pale ass skin. 



Let's be honest these things are pretty much in the back of every beauty guru's video. I had been into the shop and swatched them on multiple occasions but when i saw this shade i knew i had to get it. The Mac Lipsticks are insanely pigmented and they do feel amazing on the lips but at the same time i don't think that it's necessary to go out and buy 20+ shades.  




As you all know I'm a huge nude fan so when i saw Kylie was releasing a range of nude glosses i knew i had to get some. Now the whole process to get these was insane (read my post on that here) but i do think the products are worth it. This gloss is amazingly pigmented and the longevity of it is so worth price. The other shades in these glosses are also incredible so i highly recommend checking them out.


And those were all of my YouTube made me buy it products! I tried to include one from all areas of my makeup so i hope you enjoyed it!


Has YouTube made you buy any products? If so let me know what ones in the comments down below

Thanks for Reading,
Love
Soph 
xoxo


28 comments:

  1. I loved reading this tag! Theres so many products I agree on, especially the lasting perfection concealer.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much the only concealor i use it's amazing!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes to most of these items! The concealer is one that never ending - it's been years and it's still huge amongst youtubers and bloggers alike!

    XO
    Ashley
    ashlexyz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just one of those things where the quality never falters and nothing has beat it yet!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. This looks like a fun tag! I might do this :)

    Terri
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It was such a fun tag to write, you'll have to tweet the link to me if you do!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. YouTuber's and bloggers can really convince you to buy some things, can't they? I'm trying my best not to buy any makeup product right now but I think that this tag was too much for me. lol

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realised how much influence they really had until i went through my drawers and saw all the things i've brought!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of this tag but seems like you really enjoyed doing it! And yes, a few youtubers and bloggers made me want to buy some things. Great post!

    Jeff. | NAMELESSJEFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a fun post to write! You should definetley do it!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love this, I might have to do this tag!! Urban Decay Naked Palette is top of my list of things I bought!!xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun post to read you should definetley do it! can't wait to read it if you do

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Seen these tags all over the internet and I can't get enough of them! x
    Morgan // justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so fun to write!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love this tag! I first saw it on RachhLoves' YouTube and I've been running across it everywhere since - you seem to be one of the few to have mostly positive experiences, so at least there's that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be popping up everywhere! I'm lucky mine was so positive i've seen so many negative ones!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Good recommendations - I really fancy getting my hands on those eye shadows now! They look like wonderful colours �� Early Christmas present me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're beautiful, and they blend like a dream! There's an offer on right now where if you spend £10 on Revolution you get a free limited edition palette so i'd go for it!!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I love the idea of this post, might have to do it! Looks so fun 😊 I've only recently tried the concealer too and it's amazing isn't it? bargain! Love the look of all the products! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's so fun to do! I love the concealer i don't wear any other concealers but the collection one because it is so amazing for the price!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I bought the collection lasting perfection concealer as well after watching Zoella use it back in the day when I was learning how to use make up. Such a lovely idea for a post x

    Claire | www.clairesyear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so guilty of buying things that Zoella recommends but i can't help it she always has amazing recommendations!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. I want all of these products ❤️️❤️️❤️️I've been eyeing that makeup revolution chocolate palette! Also the mascara is so goood, one of my faves to date!
    KeepingupwithMJ.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, for the price i honestly wasn't expecting it to be as pigmented as it is!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. I want all of these. Just bought the wake me up Foundation and I'm yet to try it but I bought it because of YouTube! Haha. Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i loved it more than i did, i can't love everything though i guess!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  14. I love this blog post so much! That is definitely true! I feel like most of the products I have are only because of youtube! this is great hun x

    possiblysami.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, i had to narrow it down to just these products! I didn't realise how many products i had brought because of makeup until now aha

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow