Sunday, 13 November 2016

Academy Of Colour Matte Liquid Lips - Product Review



Hey Whisperers, 

So the other day while i was shopping in my local supermarket, i came across these lip kits. I don't know what it was about these lip kits but i had to get them. So today, like always, i thought i would do a quick review on these products for you!!



What I Got & Packaging

The lip kits i am talking about is the Academy of Colour Matte Liquid Lips, Lip Kits (long name there). Each lip kit comes with a lip liner and a liquid lipstick for £2 which is incredible, making each product £1. 

The packaging of these products is pretty simple yet i kinda love it. Each kit comes in a rectangular box with a plastic insert and reflective sheet. The products themselves are also pretty simple with the lipsticks being packaged in a clear tube with a black lid and the lip liners in a black pencil with the corresponding colour on the bottom. I do think the packaging is a bit simple but for such affordable products i can't really complain. 

Swatches 



The lip kits i got don't have shade names so naturally, I've decided to come up with my own. The first shade is a brown nude which i am going to call Nudity. Now Nudity, is probably my favourite of the two kits, it is the perfect brown shade for this time of year and it is insanely pigmented. The lip liner in the kit is darker than the lipstick however, i quite like this as it helps to create a defined lip line which i love. Both the liner and lipstick are incredibly creamy and have a lovely vanilla smell. 


Next up is the pink shade which I've decided to call Princess Peach. Princess Peach is pretty much a 'my lip colour but better' kind of shade for me and i love it. Just like Nudity both the lip liner and lipstick are insanely pigmented and creamy and of course it also smells like Vanilla. Both lipsticks also dry very fast which can be both a positive and negative as it means they're quick and easy to apply but if you make a mistake you don't have much time to fix it. 

One of my favourite things about both of these kits is how they feel and the longevity of them both. I can apply the lipstick, eat, drink and talk and it doesn't  really come off. Now of course some of it wears off a bit over the course of the day but for £2 it has a great lasting time. Like i said i do also love the feel, I've tried so many matte lipsticks that feel sticky and drying on the lips, but these are the complete opposite. First of all they feel as if you have nothing on your lips, which for me is probably a first when it comes to lip products I've tried. They also don't dry your lips out, which if you're a matte lip kinda girl like me, you know is hard to find. 

Overall Thoughts

Overall, i  really do love these lip kits and for the price i do think that they're incredible for the small price of just £2. Both colours are insanely beautiful and very pigmented and i am honestly in love with them both. If you want to try these i found mine in the Christmas aisle at my local Morrison's. They do also sell this brand at Debenhams however looking on the website they don't sell this specific product, but they do sell larger kits which have a lipstick, liquid lipstick, lip gloss, lip gloss crayon and a lip pencil for £8.00 so the link to those is here

I hope you've enjoyed this post! If you have tried anything from Academy of Colour let me know in the comments below! 

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Soph
xoxo




20 comments:

  1. These shades look lovely on you! £2 is crazy - definately going to pick these up! Thanks for sharing :-) xXx


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're amazing for the price x


      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow, £2 is an incredible bargain for what looks to be a lovely product! I'll definitely keep my eye out for these - always worth a try!

    XO
    Ashley
    https://ashlexyz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth the price!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of this brand but those colours are beautiful, I love the fact you made up your own names for them haha.

    Sophie | www.astoldby-sophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such good quality too! I felt a little creative so i thought why not, glad you enjoyed the post aha!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a lovely little bargain!! I might have to pop by my local Morrisons and test it out for myself.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definetley worth trying out, you'll have to tweet me and let me know if you like them!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow! These look amazing- I love the colours. Great post!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, They're amazing for the price!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wow these look amazing I'm defo going to have to check out Morrisons for these! Can't go wrong for £2 either!!
    -Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked when i saw them! Wish they had more than two colours though!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. You should literally have your own brand coming up with such creative names! Loved your post and will definitely be picking some up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine me with my own brand aha everything would be either nude or dark with no in betweens! You'll have to let me know what you think of them!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I am going to go have a look for these in my local morrisons tomorrow! They look so nice, loved the post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a good purchase!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Ive never heard of these before but they look amazing!

    Terri x
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly amazing and the colours are beautiful!x


      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Love your blog and this post is great. Also love the names you gave each product 😊💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! It was so fun creating names for them aha!!

      Thanks for Reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow