Wednesday, 26 October 2016

My Top 5 Halloween Films

Hey Whisperers,

As most of you know Halloween is my favourite time of year and Halloween isn't Halloween without some good ol' Halloween movies (how many times do i need to say Halloween in one sentence flipping hell!). Now I know what most of you guys are thinking, who has time for Halloween movies when you can be out trick or treating and partying? Me that's who. I may like a good Halloween party, but i definitely love my films too, and I'm not going to lie the minute October 1st comes around it's Halloween time for me. Anyways, that's enough of my rambling let's get into the post you came here too see.

My Top 5 Halloween Films



Hocus Pocus

Now if Hocus Pocus isn't on your list of top Halloween films, what are you and where are you from. For me Hocus Pocus is pretty much THE Halloween film. It has everything you would want, witches, zombies, love, ghosts and even a black cat. Now it isn't scary and i know that for some people that is a must but i mean come on it's a classic. If you haven't heard of this film it is a film about a trio of three witches who were put under a spell which meant they can't be resurrected without the black candle being lit, and I'm betting you can guess what happens.


Addams Family

Next up is the Addams Family. This film is the kind of film I love watching when I'm curled up all snug in my bed on a cold night, it's the perfect Halloween film. It has just enough mystery and humour that it's a pretty hard film not to love, and to pretty honest Wednesday Addams is pretty much my spirit animal she is so sassy, honest and dark that i can't help but love her.


Saw

Now when it comes to saw I'm pretty sure everyone has watched at least one of these films, and if you haven't well you're missing out. I say 'Saw' but in reality there's no way i can just watch one of these films. One film normally turns into two and by the end of the day I've been sat on the sofa all day, under my blanket and I've been through all 7 films. It's hard to turn them off don't judge me ok?. Now if you haven't seen or heard of these films they are a series of films about a serial killer who goes by the name Jigsaw, he kidnaps his victims and puts them through a series of tasks. In the first film it's two victims who wake up in a bathroom with no idea how they got there. Overall they're great films to watch just beware because they do contain a fair bit of gore.  


 House At The End Of The Street 

Now this next film is a more recent film release and i absolutely love it. I first saw this film in the cinema for a friends birthday and I've loved it ever since. Even though i know the ending every time i watch it, i still have that edge of the seat anticipation for what's going to happen next. Plus let's be honest it's got Jennifer Lawrence in it and anything with her in it is amazing. This film, if you haven't heard of it is a film about a girl who moves and ends up moving in next door to the town's 'haunted' house, however it turns out the son of the old owners still lives there, and so does it sister. Well that's who he wants you to think it is anyway.


Would You Rather

Now this film is definitely one of the more gruesome films on this list. I don't even know what made me click on this poster on Netflix but I did and I've loved the film ever since. Now this is definitely not a film for the faint hearted or anyone young. It has a lot of violence in it but for those of you who want a good gore film to watch this Halloween this is perfect. Each character in the film signed up for a medical trial and instead end up being forced through task after task making the what was supposed to be a regular medical trial into a fight for the survival of the fittest. 

So those were my top 5 Halloween films. Let me know what your favourite Halloween films are down below!

Thanks for reading
Love
Soph 
👻👻👻👻

Ps: Click on the film name to check out the trailer!

2 comments:

  1. great picks! I really enjoyed house at the end of the street! XX


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I didn't think I was going to like it when i watched the trailer but i loved it when i saw it in cinema!

      Thanks for reading,
      Soph
      xoxo

      Delete

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow