Thursday, 7 July 2016

Summer Reading List - Looking For Alaska Book Review


Hey Whisperers,

Welcome to another one of my summer reading list book reviews. I really enjoyed reviewing Girl Online last week (read that post here) and so over the past week I've been reading Looking For Alaska by John Green and today I'm going to be reviewing it for you guys.

When I first got this book I got it as a recommendation from my best friend Natalie (read her blog here), it's always good to have a best friend who geeks out over books just as much as you, and as soon as i read the blurb i knew i was going to love it. I have read this book before so I obviously already knew the ending but for me the emotions were just as good as the first time i read it.

Obviously i don't want to give away the plot of the book because i don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't already read it but all i can say is it is a whirlwind of emotions. I think reading a book about someone your age makes the whole reading journey completely different. You can relate more to the characters and understand more of the feelings than you can of someone older or younger than you and i think that i felt that a lot when reading this book.

I have a lot of love for each character in this book but i do think that Colonel has to be my favourite character. He is just so blunt, strange and funny that he is just impossible not to love. I do also obviously love Pudge because he is just so adorable and fun loving but he is also just so honest and ratable. Another thing I love about Pudge is his 'talent' of knowing people's last words, although it is a very strange talent to have i find it so interesting to read throughout the book.

I can't really say too much about this book without ruining the plot so all I'm going to say is that it is for sure a roller coaster of emotions from the moment you open the book to the minute it closes. The book although full of a lot of emotions is great to read and has so many funny moments that i can't even count them all I would definitely recommend giving this book a read. 

Time To Rate It!

★★★★

★ - I wouldn't suggest this book
★★ - It was a ok book
★★★- It was a good book but nothing special
★★★★- It was a good book 
★★★★★- It was a great read I would definitely recommend it 

Favourite Quotes

“It always shocked me when I realised that I wasn’t the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things.”

“I just did some calculations and I've been able to determine that you're full of shit.” 

“If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.” 

I hope you enjoyed this weeks book review!

Thanks for Reading
Soph xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow