Thursday, 23 June 2016

My Summer Reading List



Hey Whisperers,

Summer for me is the season of relaxation and reading. For me there is nothing better than sitting under the sun reading a good book and so today i thought i would share with you some of the books I will be reading this summer. I have already read a few of these books, but I always love re-reading the books i have. I hope you enjoy this post and if you have any book recommendations let me know down below!

My Summer Reading List


Penny has a secret.
Under the alias Girl Online, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

I got this book last year and i completely fell in love with it. Of course being a big fan of Zoe i knew i had to buy the book when it came out and I am so glad that I did. For me this book is so full of drama, romance and just the right amount of comedy and it's great to read. For £12.99 i know some people may be put off this book but it really is worth the money. This will be the third time I have read this book because it is such a fun book to read. I would recommend this book to both older and younger readers however it is more of a teen book. 


When the sickness came, every parent, police officer, politician - every adult fell ill. The lucky ones died. The others are crazed, confused and hungry. 
Only children under fourteen remain, and they're fighting to survive.
Now there are rumours of a safe place to hide. And so a gang of children begin their quest across London, where all through the city - down alleyways, in deserted houses, underground - the grown-ups lie in wait.
But can they make it there - alive?


I picked up this book a few years ago and I've never really got around to finishing it. I have read up to page 312 of this book which is just under 100 pages from the end so i have read most of it however I think I am going to restart it because I barely remember any of it. Unlike any of the other books on my list this one is more of a horror/post apocalyptic book whereas the rest are more teen reads. This book is a very tense read but i love it. 


Twenty-three year old Joey Graceffa has captured the hearts of millions of teens and young adults through his playful, sweet, and inspirational YouTube presence (not to mention his sparkling eyes and perfect hair). Yet, Joey wasn’t always comfortable in his skin, and in this candid memoir, he thoughtfully looks back on his journey from pain to pride, self-doubt to self-acceptance.
Joey Graceffa’s story is a welcome reminder that it’s not where you begin that matters, but where you end up


Ok so first off that isn't the whole bio for this book but let me tell you that bio is long, so if you want to see the full description click here. Ok anyways, I have been a big fan of Joey's for quite awhile and so when I saw his book a few months ago i knew that i had to get it. I've read up to page 91 so far but I've been so busy i haven't had a chance to read the rest but I am dedicating this summer to finishing it as part of my reading list.

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew...

Where do I even start when it comes to this book. I don't know what it is about John Green but every book he writes is just amazing. When i first read this book i couldn't quite get into it but the more i read it the more i fell in love with it. I love the mystery, drama and cliffhangers in this book it is definetley one of my favourites. 

Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. 

Now i know what you're thinking, isn't this a winter book and yes it is but I've had this book on my bookshelf for the past 4 months and i haven't even read the first page. I have picked it up so many times but i just haven't got around  to reading it so i thought that this summer i would read it. I fell in love with the blurb of this book and i honestly have no idea why i haven't read it yet.

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (Fran├žois Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. After. Nothing is ever the same

Yet again, another John Green book, but what can I say i LOVE his books. Looking For Alaska is probably one of my all time favourite books it is just such a good read and the story itself is both touching and beautiful. I would say this book is more for older teens than the younger teens but either way it is a great read. 

And so that is my summer reading list. I love reading so much and i always have and so over the next 6 weeks every Thursday for my Lifestyle post i'm going to be writing a full review of each book. I hope you have enjoyed this post!

Thanks For Reading,
Soph xoxo

All descriptions sourced from Good Reads

Purchase These Books Here-











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow