Thursday, 21 April 2016

My Favourite YouTube Covers

Hey Whispers,

I am a huge fan of YouTube, something if you have been here a while you will already know. One of my main reasons for loving YouTube is for the music people share. Now don't get me wrong i love the beauty videos and daily vloggers but music videos/covers are my favourite thing about YouTube and so today i thought i would share with you some of my favourite YouTube covers.



Gravity- Sara Barielles Covered by The Gardiner Sisters ft AJ Rafel

I first found The Gardiner Sisters around 4 years ago and i instantly fell in love with their voices. This song in particular gave me goosebumps. I not only love the way that this song was covered but the story that it tells. These sisters have the most incredible voices and their original songs are AMAZING.





Almost Is Never Enough - Ariana Grande ft Nathan Sykes Covered By Andie Case and Ajay Marshall 

Now when this song first came out i wasn't really a big fan of it but when i heard this cover i fell in love. Andie has such an amazing voice and paired with Ajay this cover was incredible. A lot of people didn't like Ajay's voice and didn't think it fit the cover but i completely disagree, i think it fits perfectly.





What Do You Mean - Justin Bieber covered by Cimorelli 

Now this band is probably one of my favorite bands i have found on YouTube. The Cimorelli sisters have such a variety of voices in the band and it just makes every cover they make more amazing. I started listening to this band around 3 years ago and they are incredible. I know Justin's original version of this song is amazing but i personally love this cover more than the original. The high notes that Lisa hit in this cover were insane and it has to be one of my favourite YouTube covers that I've found to date (also the bloopers at the end are pretty funny too).





Wake Me Up/Hey Brother - Avicii Covered by Anthem Lights ft Gracie Schram 

This cover has to be in my top five covers I've found on YouTube. I had already been subscribed to Anthem Lights for awhile before they released this cover but when i heard this cover i fell completely in love. Not only is the cover amazing but the message and reason behind this cover was even more amazing and inspirational. 


Feeling Myself - Nicki Minaj ft Beyonce covered by Superfruit

When i saw this cover i wasn't expecting to like it, however when i listened to it i couldn't help but like it. The song itself is a bit too risque for my liking but Superfruits personalities made me love it! The rapping is insane and i am not ashamed to say that i now know it word for word because of how many times I've listened to this cover.





Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's covered by Max Schneider

Now this cover is a little older than the previous ones however i still love it. I have always loved the original song however the simplicity of this cover made me love it even more. I love how simple this cover is, just Max on a Ukulele singing it's definitely one of the best covers of this song that I've seen. 




Demons- Imagine Dragons covered by Sam Tsui & Max Schneider 

I know i just mentioned a cover by Max Schneider but i couldn't not mention this collaboration too. I used to listen to this cover on repeat day after day not only because i love this song so much but because this cover is so amazing. There is so much talent fit into this one cover from Max and Sam's vocal range to Kurt's incredible piano playing.



Blank Space/Style- Taylor Swift covered by Louisa Wendorff & David

This cover is probably one of the most well known Taylor Swift covers, how could it not be when Taylor herself tweeted it! The mashup of these two songs works so well and the cover is so well put together. Both artists have incredible voices and they work amazingly together, and lets be honest if Taylor Swift loves it it must be good right?




Little Talks- Of Monsters and Men covered by Alexi Blue and Corey Gray

I had been subscribed to Alexi for awhile before this cover was posted and i have to say that even to this day this is probably her best cover. I love this song anyway but this cover just made me love it even more. The two artists work amazingly together and it is probably one of my most listened to covers.



Pillowtalk- Zayn Malik  covered by Sofia Karlberg

I wasn't a big fan of this song when it came out but this cover is insane. Sofia's voice is just amazing and it fits with the song so well. I have listened to quite a few covers of this song but this is definitely my favourite one I've seen so far.

I hope you enjoyed this post, i know it's a little different from anything I've written before but i thought I'd give it a try. If you have any suggestions for covers i should listen too let me know below!

Thanks for reading,
Soph xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Bloglovin

Follow